HomeFree-USA certified advisors will review each application received in order to determine eligibility. Depending on the level of need for the applicant, the advisor will recommend rental assistance (up to $4,800). Awards will be paid out on a first-come first-serve basis providing all eligibility criteria has been met.
As a condition to approval tenant must agree for the payment to be made directly to the landlord and the landlord must also agree to;
- Participate via a signed agreement
- Provide the tenant’s rent ledger or rental history
- Forbear eviction proceedings (if applicable)
- Dismiss any pending dispossessory case against the assisted tenant for the period covered by the grant (if applicable)
- Waive any late fees incurred associated with the delinquent rent period covered by the grant
Rental assistance grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. All applications submitted that meet the eligibility requirements will be considered.